Asia Pacific CSR Efforts Support Company’s Global Goal to Positively Impact 50 Million People Around the World by Its 50th Anniversary
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) is implementing the next stage of its global community engagement program – FedEx Cares 50 by 50, a new journey to deliver hope, change and new possibilities for 50 million people by the company’s 50th anniversary in 2023. FedEx launched the new strategy after exceeding its goal to invest US$200 million in 200 global communities by 2020 six months early.
“At FedEx, we are utilizing our global network to create opportunities and deliver positive change,” said Karen Reddington, president, Asia Pacific, FedEx Express. “With FedEx Cares 50 by 50, we can continue to combine our logistics expertise with the passion of our team members to support the social and economic needs of the local communities in Asia Pacific.”
In Asia Pacific, FedEx continues to lead corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives and programs to further the global goal of FedEx Cares 50 by 50. These initiatives will help multiply growth opportunities through a vast network and deliver hope through the following five strategic giving pillars.
- Sustainable transportation – Facilitating clean, sustainable public transit solutions, e.g. deployment of pure electric vehicles to help further reduce fuel use and emissions.
- Global entrepreneurship – Empowering entrepreneurship with initiatives like the FedEx Express/JA International Trade Challenge to inspire young students to become the future entrepreneurs.
- Road safety – Educate pedestrians about roadway safety logistics worldwide, e.g., collaborating with Safe Kids Worldwide to promote pedestrian road safety for children across China, Korea, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Delivering for good – Charitable shipping and disaster relief.
- Employment pathways – Career opportunities for underserved populations.
To learn more about the FedEx Cares 50 by 50 campaign visit fedexcares.com.
About FedEx Cares 50 by 50
FedEx Cares is our global community engagement program and one way that we live out our purpose of connecting people and possibilities. Launched in 2019, FedEx Cares 50 by 50 is our goal to positively impact 50 million people around the world by our 50th anniversary in 2023.
About FedEx Express
FedEx Express is the world’s largest express transportation company, providing fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories. FedEx Express uses a global air-and-ground network to speed delivery of time-sensitive shipments, by a definite time and date supported by a money-back guarantee.
About FedEx Corp.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $70 billion, the company offers integrated business solutions through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 450,000 team members to remain focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. To learn more about how FedEx connects people and possibilities around the world, please visit about.fedex.com.
For further information, please contact:
Charmaine Jeeva, Perspective Strategies Arlyn Samaniego, FedEx Express
Tel : +603 7491 3138 Tel : +65 6390 5574
Mobile : +6012 610 4802 Email : email@example.com