Since the Covid-19 outbreak in Malaysia, Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad (PAMB) and Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad (PruBSN) have committed more than RM2 million in commitment in providing Covid-19 insurance and takaful protection to its customers as well as non-customers.
Both PAMB and PruBSN remain committed and have proactively extended the measures undertaken by the government and Bank Negara Malaysia, to support their customers and communities affected by the outbreak. Through relief efforts, the companies hope to help ease the financial and psychological pressures on their customers and communities during this extended MCO period.
Multiple initiatives have been launched to support the community, such as:-
- Free online doctor consultation on Pulse by Prudential. Prudential customers have access to free online doctor consultation whilst non-customers can also enjoy the service free upon completion of a health check.
- Fund raising in partnership with Yayasan Generasi Gemilang. The funds raised were used to purchase and distribute provisions for low-income families in the communities that they serve, including PRUKasih communities.
- Fund raising in partnership with MERCY Malaysia. The funds raised will be channeled to government hospitals and district clinics for their purchase of medical and general supplies, as well as to marginalised groups to meet their essential needs.
- PruBSN Prihatin donation to IMAM Response & Relief Team. This fund will be channelled towards mobilising volunteers at health facilities, providing medical and general supplies to hospitals and district clinics
- PruBSN Prihatin allocated RM500,000 from PruBSN’s zakat fund to provide financial assistance to the breadwinners of various families from this vulnerable community.
- Producing PPEs (disposable gowns and head covers) to frontliners. This initiative creating working opportunity to B40 communities and OKU to generate additional income by engage them to produce PPE attire for the medical frontliner.
Special Covid-19 Coverage
In response to the continuously evolving Covid-19 situation, Prudential Malaysia has enhanced its Special Covid-19 Coverage for its customers and will offer a RM1,000 cash relief upon diagnosis and hospitalisation, as well as a RM10,000 death benefit due to Covid-19 from 1st May to 31st December 2020. This amount is doubled for Prudential customers who register for the Special Covid-19 Coverage on Pulse by Prudential (Pulse) i.e. RM2,000 cash relief and RM20,000 death benefit.
Free Covid-19 coverage for non-Prudential customers
Prudential Malaysia has also set up a RM300,000 fund for non-customers to receive free Covid-19 coverage. All they need to do is register for the Special Covid-19 Coverage on Pulse1. Eligible users will then receive a RM1,000 cash payout as a financial relief upon hospitalisation until the total fund pay-out reaches RM300,000.
Pulse by Prudential is a digital health app which is free to download. It uses AI-powered self-help tools and real-time information to enable users to get a report on their health status, check on possible causes of their symptoms, get connected to a doctor for an online consultation and identify potential dengue hotspots.
The app also keeps users updated with the latest health tips and developments on Covid-19. Prudential Malaysia customers have access to the free online doctor consultation on Pulse, while non-customers can also enjoy the service free of charge upon completion of a health check available on the app.
Click on the link below to download the Pulse Mobile app and register as a user to get Covid-19 coverage:
 Must register on Pulse for the Special Covid-19 Coverage by 30 June 2020